Client Benefits of Agency Professional Development
I’ve just returned from my third year of attending PRSA‘s (Public Relations Society of America) Counselors Academy annual conference — this time at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville. I want to share some examples of how professional development for the agency can benefit the agency’s clients. I really see this in two areas of: 1) what I learned that we can implement to help our clients and 2) who I spent time with who can help us better serve our clients. Here are three quick examples of each.
Skills/Knowledge: From the pre-conference session, round tables, general sessions and keynotes…
1. Have an email database? Clairemont can help you determine where those folks are active in social networking and how to best reach them.
2. We now know more about Hispanic marketing and where/how the Latino community likes to receive information.
3. Thinking you might want to try a new tactic? Let us take you through the “Five Whys” to determine the right approach for your communications strategy.
Networking/Connections: It’s amazing what you learn about people when you engage in a game of Sorry at a 60s party, crash a prom together or simply stay up late to talk shop….
1. Sitting next to a new friend, I watched her IM with her close friend, Perez Hilton. Do you know the power of the Perez?
2. Adding to the existing author tour experience at Clairemont, we now have several contacts in book publishing & promo, including a former member of the Harry Potter series marketing team.
3. As a result of being with 120 other North American PR agency leaders, Clairemont has a network of communications professionals ready to partner to provide our clients with on-the-ground support in a variety of markets.
Additionally, there was no shortage of content on how to best manage an agency which means that the Clairemont team is better equipped to provide our clients with exceptional client service. I’m already looking forward to what I’ll learn that will benefit our clients at the conference next year in Vegas.