Green Thought Thursday: Think Tiny
Think Small – a revolutionary ad campaign for Volkswagen. Think Tiny – a revolutionary way of thinking inspired by Lisa Capehart just this afternoon! For those of you who saw our recent Facebook post, you know that the Clairemont team sat in on a webinar today that was given by Lisa, who shared her insights on “An Organic Approach to Cultivating the Authentic You.” So what did I learn – to start tiny and work my way from there.
In honor of Lisa and the important things I learned from her today, here are a few tiny things you can do to live life a little greener each day:
- Turn off the lights before you leave. It sounds simple enough, but so many people forget to turn their lights off before they leave their houses. Not to mention it’s a fire hazard.
- Unplug. There’s a scary phantom on the loose, and it’s not the Phantom of the Opera. It’s our foe, Phantom Power, and what does he look like? That little red light that means your TV is “off.” I mean, c’mon. How is a light on when your TV is “off?”
- Shut your blinds in the summertime! No more Peeping Toms and no more wasted energy. Instead of having to overcompensate by turning down the thermometer every day, keep things cool in your home by shutting your blinds during the day when the sun is bright.
- Don’t do laundry until you’ve got a full load. You’ll save lots of water, and no one likes to do laundry anyways…
- Lather, rinse and don’t repeat. Challenge yourself to take shorter showers every day.
- Take a walk or ride your bike. There’s no shame in doing your body some good, and it’s better for the environment.
I know some of these things seem so common sense that you’re probably wondering why I took the time to write them down, but even I am guilty of attempting to tackle the biggest projects before I will take the time to make the tiniest of changes.
Until next time…