My First 30 Days at a Raleigh PR Agency: Days 29 and 30
So, this is the last blog for my 30-day series about life at a Raleigh PR Agency. Here is my final reflection, and the lessons that I’ve learned:
- It’s not where you work – it’s who you work with that matters.
- Read the news and stay up to date with what’s happening in the industry. It’s our job to know what the latest is and how it can help them in their respective industries.
- Awards season: oh so stressful, but rewarding when your agency is recognized for all of its work.
- Make sure to check your past award entries’ scoring sheets to see how you can improve.
- When researching and compiling a lot of data, try not to get overwhelmed by the amount of information. Focus on what you really need to show, and everything will fall into place.
- Great work is based on great writing.
- Don’t forget to ask questions. It’s easier to clarify an assignment before you start it, then to do it wrong and need to start over completely.
The list could go on and on, but I’ll try and keep it concise. I’ve learned a lot in these past 30 days, and it hasn’t always been easy. There have been challenges, frustrations and mistakes. But, in the end, I always learned something and hopefully got better at my job. Thanks for reading, commenting and lending advice and support as I detailed my life and lessons as a brand new account coordinator. This blog series has reached its conclusion, but I’ll be back with more stories, thoughts, ramblings and insights about what it’s like to work at a Raleigh PR agency. Stay tuned!